Light, yet with the indulgent touch of mango, this is delicious as a starter or for a light main. The first Waldorf Salad was created in New York City in 1893, by Oscar Tschirky, the maître d’hôtel of the Waldorf Astoria, and featured diced red-skinned apples, celery and mayonnaise.
• 4 poached chicken breasts
• 4 celery sticks, sliced
• 2 mangoes, sliced garnishing (out of season, substitute with canned mango, drained)
• 2 limes, zest and juice
• 100g micro-greens or baby salad leaves
• 100ml low fat yoghurt
1. Cut up the chicken breast, and toss with the celery and mango in the lime juice.
2. Arrange on plates with the micro-greens or baby salad leaves.
3. Serve with low fat yoghurt as a dressing.